MD. Presented by HotDoc.
Dr Daniel Kraft—The future of medicine
Uploaded: September 7, 2020
Listen on your preferred platform
About Dr Daniel Kraft
Dr Daniel Kraft is a physician-scientist, inventor and entrepreneur. He has been the Chair of Medicine at Singularity University since the organisation’s inception in 2008, and is also the founder and chair of Exponential Medicine, a program that explores convergent, rapidly developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare.
Following an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Brown University, and a medical degree from Stanford University, Dr Kraft received a Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics from Harvard, before returning to Stanford to complete a fellowship in hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplantation.
With over 25 years in the field, Dr Kraft has worked as a surgeon in the United States’ fighter pilot squadron and was shortlisted as a NASA astronaut. He is the inventor of multiple biomedical devices, including the MarrowMiner, an FDA-approved device for the non-invasive harvest of bone marrow.
His academic research has focused on stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, stem cell derived immunotherapies for cancer, and bioengineering human T-cell differentiation. His research has been published in journals that include Nature and Science, and he has presented six different TED talks.
Background, Context and Reference:
- Connect onTwitter and Linkedin
- Ted Talk: Medicine’s future? There’s an app for that
- Ted Talk: The pharmacy of the future? Personalised pills, 3D printed at home
- Ted Talk: A better way to harvest bone marrow
- TedX San Francisco: Daniel Kraft, M.D. at TEDxSF
- TedMed: Stem cells … hype, hope or reality?
- YouTube: Daniel Kraft, MD, at Singularity University’s Exponential Medicine Conference, Nov 2013
- YouTube: Singularity U Thailand Summit 2018 – The Future of Digital Health and Medicine
- Book: The Singularity if Near: When Humans Transcend Biology
- Book: Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again
- Book: Homo Deus
- Videos: Highlights from Exponential Medicine
- Article: The Top Ten Internet-Smart Doctors in the World
- Blog: Moving healthcare forward: The talks of TED Salon: Catalyst
- Article: Future Healthcare – Daniel Kraft
- Article: Making the shift to proactive health care with new technology, data
Notable people/organisations discussed in today’s podcast
Other podcasts/information you might enjoy:
- Systems Medicine + Proactive P4 Medicine: Transforming Healthcare Through Wellness – A Personal View
- Q&A – The Future of Humanity – with Yuval Noah Harari
- Homo Sapiens 2.0: The Future of Human Genetic Engineering
- Yuval Noah Harari: “We are probably one of the last generations of Homo Sapiens
- Innovation in the time of COVID-19 – Daniel Kraft M.D
- Daniel Kraft, M.D. and the World of Exponential Medicine