MD. Presented by HotDoc.
Dr Daniel Kraft—The future of medicine
Uploaded: September 7, 2020
Listen on your preferred platform
About Dr Daniel Kraft
Dr Daniel Kraft is a physician-scientist, inventor and entrepreneur. He has been the Chair of Medicine at Singularity University since the organisation’s inception in 2008, and is also the founder and chair of Exponential Medicine, a program that explores convergent, rapidly developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare.
Following an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Brown University, and a medical degree from Stanford University, Dr Kraft received a Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics from Harvard, before returning to Stanford to complete a fellowship in hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplantation.
With over 25 years in the field, Dr Kraft has worked as a surgeon in the United States’ fighter pilot squadron and was shortlisted as a NASA astronaut. He is the inventor of multiple biomedical devices, including the MarrowMiner, an FDA-approved device for the non-invasive harvest of bone marrow.
His academic research has focused on stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, stem cell derived immunotherapies for cancer, and bioengineering human T-cell differentiation. His research has been published in journals that include Nature and Science, and he has presented six different TED talks.
Check our Dr. Daniel Kraft’s website here.
Background, Context and Reference:
- Connect onTwitter and Linkedin
- Ted Talk: Medicine’s future? There’s an app for that
- Ted Talk: The pharmacy of the future? Personalised pills, 3D printed at home
- Ted Talk: A better way to harvest bone marrow
- TedX San Francisco: Daniel Kraft, M.D. at TEDxSF
- TedMed: Stem cells … hype, hope or reality?
- YouTube: Daniel Kraft, MD, at Singularity University’s Exponential Medicine Conference, Nov 2013
- YouTube: Singularity U Thailand Summit 2018 – The Future of Digital Health and Medicine
- Book: The Singularity if Near: When Humans Transcend Biology
- Book: Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again
- Book: Homo Deus
- Videos: Highlights from Exponential Medicine
- Article: The Top Ten Internet-Smart Doctors in the World
- Blog: Moving healthcare forward: The talks of TED Salon: Catalyst
- Article: Future Healthcare – Daniel Kraft
- Article: Making the shift to proactive health care with new technology, data
Notable people/organisations discussed in today’s podcast
Other podcasts/information you might enjoy:
- Systems Medicine + Proactive P4 Medicine: Transforming Healthcare Through Wellness – A Personal View
- Q&A – The Future of Humanity – with Yuval Noah Harari
- Homo Sapiens 2.0: The Future of Human Genetic Engineering
- Yuval Noah Harari: “We are probably one of the last generations of Homo Sapiens
- Innovation in the time of COVID-19 – Daniel Kraft M.D
- Daniel Kraft, M.D. and the World of Exponential Medicine